A published operational excellence business management system book review of The Integrated Enterprise Excellence System: An Enhanced, Unified Approach to Balanced Scorecards, Strategic Planning, and Business Improvement is provided in a link at the end of this webpage.
This book is an introduction to the other books in a 5-book series written by Forrest Breyfogle. These five books describes what can be done differently to address issues with traditional business management approaches (e.g., the balanced scorecard, red-yellow-green scorecard and hoshin planning) and improvement techniques (e.g., lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management).
This book reviewer states that he believes there are three major topics from this book which set Breyfogle apart from the many other authors who offer business improvement strategies.
The three items that are highlighted for this operational excellence balanced scorecards management book are:
- Transitioning from “Problem of the Day” Firefighting to Knowing What to Measure and How to Practice Fire Prevention
- Why Traditional Business Systems Can Stimulate the Wrong Behavior
- Moving from a Functional Orientation to a Culture That Embraces Enterprise Analytics, Scorecards, and Performance Dashboards
Operational Excellence Management system Book Review: Additional Information
More information about the book-described operational excellence and enhanced balanced scorecards management methodology (i.e., Integrated Enterprise Excellence) is available through:
- A one-minute video describes benefits of the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) operational excellence metrics
- Book Summary Video (1 Minute): The Integrated Enterprise Excellence System: An Enhanced, Unified Approach to Balanced Scorecards, Strategic Planning and Business Improvement
- IEE implementation overview video about this operational excellence balanced scorecards and business improvement book
- A means to achieve Edwards Deming profound knowledge philosophy
- University of Texas sponsored Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training
- “Positive metrics poor business performance, why does this happen?” article
- IEE operational excellence implementation case study video
- Five book Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) book series, where this book is one of referenced books in the series
- Forrest Breyfogle Interview: Quality Digest Live
- Forrest Breyfogle conference keynote presentation on Integrated Enterprise Excellence
Discount price purchasing a copy of the textbook described in this Operational Excellence Management System Book Review: Purchasing book at a discount price
ASQ Quality Management Forum (QMF) editor, Robert Spencer, presents a detailed review of The Integrated Enterprise Excellence System: An Enhanced, Unified Approach to Balanced Scorecards, Strategic Planning, and Business Improvement, authored by Forrest Breyfogle III. This QMF published review can be downloaded through:Download