Our recent Lean Six Sigma Black Belt on-site training enhancements are increasing student and organization benefits.
Since the turn of the century, Smarter Solutions has offered on-site Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training in organizations. This offering is described on the webpage “Enhanced Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification.”
This enhanced training gives focus to creating and executing improvement projects, so the organization’s big-picture benefits and avoids siloed Lean Six Sigma projects that do not benefit the whole enterprise.
Enhancements to this Lean Six Sigma training include:
- Four weeks over a four-month course (each training week is separated by 3-4 weeks) has transitioned from 4½ days to 3 days per week, Tuesday-Thursday. This change fulfilled a customer request that attendees have more time for routine day-to-day tasks during their training weeks.
- The 30,000-foot-level process output metric reporting approach, where a process stability assessment is included with a capability statement in one chart, no longer requires Minitab. In this class, students learn how to use a powerful free R-coded app to monitor all process-output response situations.
- There are more break-out sessions for teams to discuss how-to-apply recent-taught techniques to three or four selected student projects.
- Discussion about the alignment of improvement projects so that the big-picture benefits via an organization’s Enterprise Improvement Plan (EIP) has led to the replacement of projects because there was no actual financial benefit from an initial project brought to the class.
- In a description of the Enterprise Performance Reporting System (EPRS) software, students see how to align 30,000-foot-level charts with the processes that created them and how these metrics can be automatically updated.
- In an EPRS software simulation, students see how organizations can include their Enterprise Improvement Plan (EIP) [so the big-picture benefits] and the status of Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects. EPRS software can contain an improvement project’s PowerPoint slide deck so everyone, from the CEO to the line operator, can see the status of the organization’s improvement projects 24×7.
- Five books are used and referenced during the training. The two new books for this training are Management 2.0 and Leadership System 2.0 . That is, students get more than just a deck of slides from the training.
Three Testimonial Statements from our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt On-site Training Enhancement
“This (IEE Black Belt) course is highly recommended for anyone interested in eliminating and preventing process problems. This course is highly recommended for (making) process improvements .” J. B., Operations Supervisor.
“(This IEE Black Belt course) helped me look at each process relative to how it impacts overall company goals. (This course encourages asking) how does improving this process improve the bottom line? Looking forward to implementing these tools in my daily work.” S. N.
“Great class! It brought the statistics to reality with our real world data that really helped it click! Thanks again!” C. A.