Organizations benefit when they use a performance management enhancement system that provides predictive scorecard reporting and effective improvements.
Performance Management Enhancement
Performance management is a vehicle for providing attention to organizational, department, employee, or process performance. Performance management (PM) includes efforts to ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner.
Aspects often related to performance management include:
- Process through which organizations align their resources, employees, and systems to strategic objectives and priorities
- Management of both behavior and results
- Increased company effectiveness by improving the people performance and the development of team and individual capabilities
- Management of employee or system performance for effective delivery of strategic and operational goals
- Direct financial gain through sales grow and reduced costs
- Workforce motivation
- Transparency in goals achievement
- Improved management control
- Communicated process documentation
- Planned work and setting expectations
- Development of capacity to perform
- Performance monitoring
- Rating performance
- Performance recognition
These various points of view for performance management can be very important; however, care must be exercised to use a process for integrating these aspects into a system so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
Performance Management Enhancement: Resolving Issues
For a given organization, would it be reasonable to expect that there could be a difference of opinion
- Relative to how performance management is conducted?
- How performance management goals are established?
After setting performance goals:
- How is it known that a goal achievement will benefit the business as a whole?
- Will an apparent improved performance measurement shift maintain its current improved level of performance in the future?
These are very important issues that need to be structurally addressed to ensure that there is an orchestration so that the whole enterprise system benefits. These types of decisions need to be based on the results of structured approach including the blending of analytics with innovation; however, this often does not occur.
- The business is evaluated as a whole when selecting performance measures for functions.
- Organizational IEE value-chain functional measurements are determined by asking what are good metrics relative to quality, cost, and time.
- Performance measures in the value chain can be automatically updated and are reported using a system that first assesses predictability, and then provides a prediction statement, if the process is currently stable.
- The whole enterprise value chain is assessed to determine which performance measures improvement needs would benefit the overall big-picture financials the most.
- Improvement needs for functional performance metrics for the organization as a whole create a pull for improvement projects by the process owners who own the performance metric.
- Evidence and amount of improvement quantification that was made through an improvement project is evidenced by the process’ 30,000-foot-level predictive scorecard transitioning to an enhanced level of performance.
Additional Information about Performance Management Enhancement
For additional information about Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) providing performance management enhancement see:
- Performance management enhancement resources: Articles, Videos, Books
- Addressing executive challenges through performance management enhancement
- Historical reporting dashboards transitioning to predictive reporting with improvements that benefit enterprise as a whole
- Predictive metric reporting within performance management enhancement
- Business process management (BPM) as part of performance management enhancement
A means for integrating business process management (BPM) with enterprise process management (EPM) is through IEE.
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Process Management System and its performance management enhancements.