This Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification offering provides instruction on how to create and manage business improve efforts that enhance the reported organizational outputs of strategic KPIs. Improving identified Key Performance Indicators that are reported from a process output point of view can provide a long-lasting Business Management Framework for a successful Lean Six Sigma Deployment.
A KPI improvement focus for process enhancement efforts has many advantages over a traditional Lean Six Sigma deployment, which may claim 100 million dollars in hard savings but nobody can seem to find the money. .
This Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification course (available at regular intervals as a public session at the University of Texas Austin) is a paradigm shift in how to approach organizational performance metrics and process improvement. With the taught techniques, organizational key performance metrics can be tracked from a process-output point of view. From this enhanced metric reporting perspective, one can determine whether a particular process enhancement effort is needed so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
This Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification offering provides more than just the how-to’s of using advanced statistical tools. This training provides insight to first the identification of the pieces of an organizational puzzle that need to be put together:
The taught Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Management System in this Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification provides a Lean Six Sigma 2.0 methodology approach that puts the pieces together:
The provided IEE methodology in this offering provides an execution roadmap for taking lean Six Sigma and the balanced scorecard to its next level. The taught IEE Business Management System addresses the typical business management and organizational improvement methodologies described in a 1-minute video:
This Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification training follows the concepts of the workshop-provided in six of our books (Note: Much of ASQ lean Six Sigma body of knowledge is based on our books):
This Training Offering Benefits
This course shows how to overcome the shortcomings of a traditional Lean Six Sigma deployment, which can become a “hunt for project to execute” or a “training exercise.” With a traditional Lean Six Sigma deployment, executives can often have difficulty in seeing the benefits from lean Six Sigma deployment efforts; e.g., 100 million dollars was reported in savings but nobody can seem to find the money. A leadership-lack-of-benefit perspective can result in an organizational Lean Six Sigma deployment downsizing or elimination.
Smarter Solutions’ two-week Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSS MBB) course shows how to build upon the strengths of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, while at the same time overcoming the shortcomings of a traditional deployment.
The intensive robust curriculum in this training is based upon wise application of next generation Six Sigma and Lean concepts via the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) System . Concepts taught during this training meet and exceed the ASQ MBB Body of Knowledge topics. A Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is not a requirement for attending this workshop, if one has adequate statistical and non-statistical application experience.
Is this Master Black Belt Offering Right for You?
Smarter Solutions’ Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training is not the best fit for everyone. If someone’s goal is merely to obtain a yearly training quota, this course may not be for them.
This Master Black Belt training curriculum has been developed and taught since the turn of the century. This LSS MBB offering has evolved from teaching enhanced tools for executing a DMAIC project to a structured application of LSS concepts also at the business level, in addition to the project-execution level.
Among other things, this training can help attendees improve their skills in:
- Leading an existing business improvement program
- Developing a new business improvement program
- Facilitating targeted strategic planning discussions
- Developing beneficial business performance scorecards/dashboards
- Coaching and mentoring Lean Six Sigma professionals
- Providing Lean Six Sigma training
- Improving team leadership skills
- Advocating beneficial change within an organization
- Utilizing advanced DMAIC project tools and skills
What’s different about the Smarter Solutions’ Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training?
The Smarter Solutions’ Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training course is taught around the Integrated Enterprise Excellence system, which combines the Lean and Six Sigma skills with a methodology that allows their application outside of just running improvement projects. This course provides these benefits in the following manner:
- The lead instructors for the course have over 20 years of Lean and Six Sigma experience and Master Black Belt Certification
- Two guest speakers are brought in to speak for one-half day each, speaking on:
- Advocacy from a business perspective
- Effectively working with individuals in a team environment.
- The Master Black Belt course materials are aligned to a single comprehensive set of five text books, provided to each student. Materials include the course notes, homework, project execution guide, project roadmap, and many other resources. These resources can be used long after the course completion as reference material.
- All statistics are performed with Minitab, a recognized leader in Lean Six Sigma analysis software so that the Master Black Belt student does not have to be a statistician to be successful.
- Each training week involves lecture, in-class individual activities, in-class team activities, and homework. The training provides an environment that is excellent for effective adult education, application, and learning.
- Developing a partnership between the individual students and a Smarter Solutions Master Black Belt to support and coach them through their training, post-training work, and certification.
A description of what is covered in the training is provided through the following link:
Many have have gained much from this LSS MBB training. A few statements about the training are provided in:
Past students provide stories about their Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification experience through the following webinar (no sign-in required):
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training Cost and Next Steps:
Smarter Solutions offers two options for the Master Black Belt training class – public and on-site.
Instructor-led Public Training – $7,500.00
Various discounts may apply. Call us to see if your situation qualifies – +1 512.918.0280
On-Site Master Black Belt Training – Contact us for quotes based on your needs – +1 512.918.0280
What is included in the price of the Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification?
- Coaching (during, between training weeks, and after the course) – Value of $800
- Master Black Belt Certification (project required) – Value of $500
- Reference Text/Materials – Value of $525
- Certificate of Completion – Documentation of the number of hours completed that can be submitted for Continuing Education Units.
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training and Certification Offering.