Smarter Solutions’ lean Six Sigma Black Belt training online provides a self paced, effective approach for learning lean Six Sigma 2.0 techniques.
IEE Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Online – What’s Expected
The article “How To Avoid Lean Six Sigma Implementation Problems” describes fundamental problems with traditional Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and how Smarter Solutions’ Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Black Belt training addresses these issues.
The IEE Blended Online Black Belt class is an entry level Lean Six Sigma course that will prepare the student to lead Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) improvement team efforts in any organization, including other business units, suppliers, customers, business support organizations, or any other business process without significant support from other Lean Six Sigma resources.
There are no prerequisites for this online Black Belt training; it is a stand-alone class. No prior Lean Six Sigma experience or statistical knowledge is required to successfully complete this course. The Online Black Belt course includes DMAIC topics that are not included in a Green Belt course, such as more complex data analysis, business process analysis, and Design of Experiments (DOE). Along with the additional DMAIC tools, the Black Belt course includes more training and depth in the “soft skills” topics like team management, leading change, and customer analysis. We consider a Black Belt course to be a 95% solution, in that the Black Belt will be able to manage and solve around 95% of the typical Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects, only requiring Lean Six Sigma help for the most complex projects.
Upon completion of the course, the basic coaching requirements and an initial DMAIC project, the Black Belt student will be able to lead and manage improvement projects that range from a full Lean focus, to a Lean and Six Sigma blended focus, through what can be considered a pure Six Sigma quality project.
In a mature and successful Lean Six Sigma program, Black Belts are supported by an senior Black Belt or Master Black Belt to assist them in the tools that are less often used. Where there is not internal support, Smarter Solutions’ external coaches can meet those needs.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Online Basic Tools Training: Course Investment $3,100.00
In this offering, the student is provided email based coaching to support their 140 hours of online training on the tools within a basic DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap. There is no coaching on the course content or support for certification. No certification is included in this option. Statistical tools in the class are taught using either Minitab® or MoreSteam® EngineRoom Statistical Software, which the student selects at the beginning of the course.
IEE Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Online Training with Individualized Training, Coaching, and Certification: Course Investment $6,995.00 *
* Students outside of North America will incur and additional charge of up to $200 to cover shipping of the reference books to their location. Specific costs can be provided upon request.
This training consists of three major components:
- 140 hours of self-paced modules that describe traditionally-taught DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) tools. The material can be accessed for 365 days, at the student’s availability. Statistical tools are taught using either Minitab® or MoreSteam® EngineRoom Statistical Software, which the student selects at the beginning of the course.
- Eight one-on-one 1-2 hour Zoom meetings to discuss the content and application of pre-meeting reading/video-viewing assignments, including the use and benefits of 30,000-foot-level performance metrics reporting and how to determine process improvement projects that will benefit the organization’s overall financials.
- Four one-on-one 1-2 hour sessions on the timely execution and completion of the student’s improvement project and its improvement project’s metric’s enhancement, which will have whole-enterprise benefit.
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume II: Business Deployment
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume III: Improvement Project Execution
- Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide
- Management 2.0: Discovery of Integrated Enterprise Excellence (written as a novel)
- Leadership System 2.0: Implementing Integrated Enterprise Excellence (written as a novel)
Even years after the training, the student has bound textbooks that share the visuals and examples provided in the training course if they need to find a topic they remember from their course. The P-DMAIC workbook, Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide, includes the entire roadmap flow-chart along with discussions and examples to explain nearly every single roadmap step. This workbook can be thumbed through until a familiar diagram or graphic is found which will also include references to the textbook (by chapter and section) for further reading, along with example outputs for different analytical tools.
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Online course content is:
Responses to frequently asked question are:
Frequent questions about on-line training’s effectiveness and the desire for a demonstration are addressed in the webinar:
Other Online and Blended Online Course Options